- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 cup strong black coffee OR 2 teaspoons powder instant coffee plus 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2.Stir together sugar,flour,cocoa,baking soda,baking powder,and salt in large bowl.Add eggs,buttermilk,coffee,oil,and vanilla;beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (batter will be thin).Pour batter into prepared pans/pan evenly.
3.Bake 30-35 minutes for round pans,35-40 minutes for rectangular pan.Cool 10 min.;remove from pans to wire racks.Cool completely.Frost as desired.